top of page
DIRT PALACE - APPLY
We are accepting Applications for a 1 year term, 2023 Artist Residency at Dirt Palace Classic
Before applying for a residency at Dirt Place Classic:
1) Please read our FAQ info page
2) Please read our Mission, History, & Values page.
3) interested parties must email us at email@example.com from here we will send along a copy of the Occupancy & Consciousness document.
4) If after reading all of the details you’re still interested in applying, email us back, we’ll send you a link to the application!
Applications open September 15th
Application close October 15th
Interviews the week of November 7th
Applicants are notified November 15th
Move in January 1st
Below is a copy of the questions from the form to apply to be a resident at Dirt Palace:
DIRT PALACE APPLICATION (SAMPLE QUESTIONS)
Name, email, phone number, pronouns
Term for which you are applying (date on which you would like to move in). Terms are structured to be one year with the option to renew. If you know that you are looking for another term (for example if you know that you would need to move out in October of 2021, please also indicate that here)
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF!
For the following questions if you'd prefer to upload a video or audio file of yourself verbally responding to the question there will be a space to do that at the end of the section - if you'd like to write out answers, we're flexible about length. We don't want for this application to feel onerous. That said we recognize that for some people longer answers require more labor and effort and for others shorter answers require more labor and effort. Usually responses are in the range of 100-500 words per question...but we're flexible...maybe just try to keep responses to less than 2,000 words.
1. Tell us about your relationship to art. What do you make?
2. What is motivating you to apply to the Dirt Palace at this point in your creative trajectory?
3. What are your artistic goals for the next year
4. Are there any facilities or components of the Dirt Palace structure that would be helpful to achieving your goals
5. Share with us some examples of your work - use this space to list links to anything online - websites, social media accounts, reviews. Work Samples: paste links below: Still images: 8 -12 max. Please put these into a google slide presentation and share a link below. Video or audio: 5 minutes or less - please share as a link. Writing: 5 pages or less - please share as a link to a google doc or pdf. If your work is interdisciplinary, we're pumped, but be reasonable! If you're going to share work in multiple formats, provide less in each format. For Google Slide show links or any google docs - PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT THE SHARE SETTINGS ARE SET SO THAT ANYONE WITH THE LINK CAN VIEW!!!
- Use this space to upload any files that you'd like
I have reviewed the Occupancy and consciousness document and understand the terms of this residency and: * (multiple choice)
- I have no questions
- I have questions, they’re listed below!
- I have questions, but they're too complex to list below, I'll ask them if this application moves to the interview phase
- My questions are as follows (leave blank if you don't have questions or if you checked that you'd follow up in an interview)
6. If it doesn't work out with this specific residency opportunity I might be interested in other opportunities.. please keep my name and application in mind for the following (check all that interest you)
- Future residencies at Dirt Palace "classic" (keep this application on file!)
- Short-term residency opportunities at The Wedding Cake House
- Exhibition opportunities (front window project etc.)
- Events and performance opportunities (when such experiences return to us in the post-covid world)
bottom of page